I’m happy to hear of the interest in the armchair-travel style cooking courses (and thankful to all the friends spreading the word! :-), so I thought I would provide a few more details about what the night will include.
|Pub Short Ribs, an American view|
- Three-course (minimum) meal consisting of traditional researched regional food, adapted from authentic recipes
- Quality organic, seasonal, and local produce and other ingredients, as much as possible
|Ah, the simple joys of hosting!|
- Being hosted in my home, an apartment in the Logan Circle neighborhood
- Explanation of cooking techniques involved in the preparation of the meal
- Tidbits of historical and cultural interest about the food, the region, and the culture
|Another theme to look forward to…|
I’m really looking forward to diving into the next research project, which will involve a certain boot-shaped mass of land… I will say no more!
…except to say that having just returned from a week in Napoli and Sicily, they will be influential resources!
If you’re interested and live in the DC area, please feel free to drop me a line at margaret [at] taste-life-twice [dot] com and I’ll be happy to accommodate you!
If you’re interested but living outside the DC Metro area, tell those you know about the idea!
Also, I take suggestions, and would love to chat about food and/or travel, so don’t hold back in the comments.
Ciao for now~!